Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Thursday 21 June 2012

My 21st Run for June

Today's June fact :

In case you didn't know it today is Prince William's birthday (born 1982)
Happy birthday your Royal Highness.

Today's weather was a complete pain.   Most of the day it was lashing it down with rain, periodically it would stop but the sun never came out until Archie and I ventured out at 3.30pm, after we'd prepared for a wet walk.   A nice 2 mile road walk with a game of ball on the playing field at the other side of town, absolutely boiling and gasping for a drink by the time we got back.

Waited until Danni went to her Guides meeting at 6.30pm before I went for a run.   Shaun has been on Union duties all day and wasn't going to be back until late.  As I was getting ready to go out it was absolutely tipping it down again so I changed from the vest top to a short sleeved top and my running jacket.  It was pretty windy out and I had to keep holding on to my cap.  By the time I'd done the first 1.5 miles the rain had stopped and it was back to blazing sun and I was completely overdressed.  Anyway, a very pleasant 4 miles in the bag - yippee!  

21st Totals :


Running : 4 miles
Dog walk : 2 miles

Total Juneathon mileage :


Running : 72
Walking : 67

1 comment: