Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Thursday 14 June 2012

Juneathon Day 14 - Exhausted & Pathetic

Today's musical reference to June is from 1956.   Julie London is one of my Dad's favourite female singers from that era!




Memphis In June -   Julie London : 1956 


Last night's Theatre trip was brilliant - an Agatha Christie whodunnit, set on a boat on the Nile. Luckily Mr B & Danni kept their thoughts to theirselves, I managed to work out the culprit about 20 minutes from the end!  





I have been very tired today, it has been a real struggle to keep awake.  I fell asleep on the bus home and after eating a sandwich headed out with the dog.   Shaun came with me but he was in quite a bit of pain with his knee so started back after a mile.  Archie decided he wanted to go back too so today's dog walk was only 2 miles.

We got home and had a cup of tea and I waited to hear whether  Sue was joining me for a run tonight.  She rang at about 5 to say she had broken down so wasn't going to be back until late.  I then promptly fell asleep for 15 minutes!   I finally summoned the energy for a run but could only manage another 2 miles.  I feel a bit fed up because today was supposed a 4 to 6 mile day.

Tomorrow we have some lovely weather forecast - thunder & lightning!  I shall look forward to running in that!

Day 14 miles

Run : 2 miles
Walk : 2 miles

Total Miles 

Run : 50
Walk : 38 miles


2 comments:

  1. 2 plus 2 miles when exhausted is v good going.
    50 miles ... Well on the way to your century!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel - I think it was more of a stagger or a stumble but yes it was 2 miles! Hoping to dig some more out over the weekend!

      Delete