Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Monday 18 June 2012

Juneathon the 18th - 2 PBs & An Unnecessary Request

For the 18th day of Juneathon I give you :-

June Whitfield, much loved English actress.

After 3 mile walk with the dog (in the sunshine for a change) I had to wait for hubby to get home & take over as chief Asda delivery receiver.  Not much point as the delivery was half an hour late!  Hubby got back at 6 and I was ready and off out for my run at 6.30pm.  I couldn't decide how far to go tonight so headed towards the cycle path where I have lots of turning points if the going gets tough or time's running out.  I thought maybe I'd only do 3 miles but at the 1.5 mile turning point I felt ok so carried on for another half a mile and turned at the 2 mile turnaround.  I glanced at my watch at the 3.1 mile (5k) mark and it said 33 minutes - that's a minute faster than I've ever done 5k even in "race" conditions.  I carried on back home and reached 4 miles in 43 mins 56 seconds (the fastest I've done that distance is 46.23 last Monday!)  Can't believe how happy that makes me feel - I would've thought I'd get slower running every day but I can actually feel (and see) an improvement.


The unnecessary request ?  3 young lads asking me to reveal my breasts (except they didn't ask so nicely)! 




Day 18 stats :


Run : 4 miles
Walk : 3 miles
2 PBs
1 unnecessary request


Total Juneathon mileage :


Running : 65 miles 
Walking : 58 miles



3 comments:

  1. great running!! congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY???? DID YOU PUNCH THEM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great running, isn't it great how we can still impress ourselves with pb this far into the game

    ReplyDelete