Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Day 5 - Woke up singing Mr Sellophane in my head!

Woke up at 6.30 this morning and immediately realised I had Mr Sellophane whizzing around inside my head.  It was an amazing show, and what on earth was Stefan Booth doing playing a dopey builder on Eastenders with a fantastic voice like that?

I'd arranged an 8am run with Sue this morning but on checking my phone found out she'd cried off! Got up and had some breakfast and then headed out on what I'd intended to be 6 miles.  However, because of the late night last night I really didn't have the energy so cut short at 4 miles.

Yesterday afternoon's dog walk nearly turned into a long affair.  Archie decided he wanted a walk in the woods which usually means a 2.5 to 3 hour walk, however because I had to get back for food and get ready to go out I encouraged to do a shorter version.  No doubt the long walk is on the cards before much longer.  Yesterday's 3 mile dog walk takes us to 10 in total.  We're not doing as many dog walking miles at the moment because Mr B has a problem with his knee and can't walk too far.

On our way back from Eastbourne last night we played spot the beacon, and when we got home we saw that Firle Beacon had been lit and there was a fireworks display which we watched from the front doorstep.  Mr B took some photos - they're not brilliant but better than nothing!







Dog walk was a wet and short affair.   Shaun & Archie had been on the Downs for a couple of hours this morning, so Archie didn't really want to go out in the rain.   I did drag him out for a couple of miles and we played ball on the recreation ground.  As we're on our own tonight we're off to the cinema later to see Prometheus .

Juneathon Day 5
Running - 4 miles in 50 minutes
Dog walk - 2 miles in 50 minutes

Total Juneathon
Running - 20 miles
Dog walk - 12 miles

5 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures! And your mileage is seriously impressive for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hon - just hope I can keep it up and not have to slide back to 1 or 2 miles a day, or worse ! Certain parts of my lower limbs are starting to ache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your mileage so far for Juneathon, I didn't get to see any of the beacons even though my mother-in-law was actually lighting one last night! Hopefully they took some photos... it's really lovely to see your firework photos :)

    Hope you have a great run/walk tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've done loads!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 32 miles in all! brilliant.. nice photos of the fireworks/beacons - a bit sad it is all over :(

    ReplyDelete