Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Friday 22 June 2012

Day 22 Running with Cankles

Today's June fact :


According to www.datesinhistory.com today in 1847 the first doughnut was created.  Not sure how they would have looked but they certainly wouldn't have looked like this 


Last night I went to bed with a swollen ankle thanks to a mozzy bite from the dog walk through the woods the other day.   This morning I got up and the swelling had gone down but the bites were pretty itchy so I took a one a day anti histamine tablet and found some out of date hydrocortisone cream!   I didn't apply the cream because I got completely sidetracked and left for work.


During the day the itching got worse and the more time I spent on my feet the more swollen my ankle got, by the time I got home my ankle was so swollen there was no difference between my foot and my calf.  I text hubby to ask him to bring home anti histamine cream and/or hydrocortisone and went off to walk the dog.  By the time I got back from the dog walk both ankles looked broken with great big swellings on each.  I couldn't decide whether it was OK to run on them but hey it's Juneathon and no excuse will be good enough to not run!


I headed for the cycle path route having told Mr B I was only going for 2 miles.  Going was ok but coming back was horrendous - the wind was really strong running into it for a whole mile.  If it hadn't been so windy I think tonight would have been a faster time!


Day 22 Mileage :


Running : 2 miles
Walking : 2 miles



Total Juneathon mileage :


Running : 74
Walking : 69

2 comments:

  1. Sounds nasty. What on earth bit you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeouch. Hope its all gone down now.

    ReplyDelete