Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Monday 25 June 2012

25 down, 5 to go

First things first, June fact - it's a biggy!  On 25th June in 1876 Sioux Chiefs Crazy Horse & Sitting Bull defeated General Custer at the Battle of Little Bighorn. Read all about it here.  Beats a list of dead people ;0)

So on to Juneathon 2012. The weekend's Longest Day Run has definitely taken its toll, not helped by having a rotten night's sleep and no time for a nap after work!  I took little Archie out for his afternoon walk but he'd already been on a long walk with Mr B so he wasn't really interested and spent most of the 2 miles on his lead up to the pond and back. No ball playing, no chasing rabbits, pheasants, foxes or barking at the sheep on the other bank - just walk and get it done.   If it hadn't been for the fact that Weightwatchers have reduced my daily pro-points by a significant amount we probably would've only done 1 mile.

When we got back Mr B had made a cup of tea so I necked that and got changed.  Feeling absolutely shattered I planned to do a 2 mile recovery jog run, nice and gentle down to the beach and back.  It was a lot faster than it felt at just over 23 minutes - felt more like I was staggering.  Hopefully running with Sue tomorrow so should be able to get 4 done, providing I get some sleep tonight.

At work today I had a health check which was arranged by Brighton & Hove City Council with a proper qualified nurse to advise on preventing Type 2 Diabetes, heart & kidney problems and strokes.  The main reason I wanted to do it was to have my cholesterol level checked which I've never had done.  Luckily I was able to answer most of her questions about weight, height & general lifestyle - she was amazed that I even knew my BMI!  Anyway glad to report that whilst my bad cholesterol is a bit high at 5.61 my good cholesterol negates it completely by being nearly 3.   She gave me a leaflet so that I can tweak my diet - mainly oily fish intake. Job done!

Day 25 Totals
Run : 2 miles
Dog walk : 2 miles
Fingers pricked : 1

Total Juneathon Mileage 
Run : 90 miles
Walk : 76 miles


1 comment:

  1. Disappointed no lists of dead people, well done on your health check :o) xx

    ReplyDelete