Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Wednesday 6 June 2012

6th day of flaming Juneathon - and I'm wearing a long sleeve running top!



This is Flaming June by Frederick Leighton, a Pre-Raphaelite painter.


I took an extra day off work today to spend some time with Shaun, we were supposed to be away for the Bank Holiday weekend but that never transpired so today has been a day of running, mooching, shopping & dog walking.


Got up early and was only going to do 2 miles this morning.  Instead ended up doing 4 miles.  It was quite pleasant, the temperature wasn't very warm and the sky couldn't decide whether it was cloudy or sunny!  I wore a long sleeved top which was slightly unusual for this time of year.   I was a bit slower today but that's because I got distracted by a couple of lovely dogs.  One of which was a French Mastiff (Dogue de Bordeaux) or if you're a certain age and film lover a Hooch dog!




Mid-morning we went out - I had some birthday money left and needed to buy another pair of lighter hand weights.  A quick visit to JJB where I spent the remainder of my money on a pair of 3kg weights and a new running vest (cos you can never have enough running tops).  Hope I don't have to go out in a long sleeved top again this month!  I also bought a new pair of sandals.  We also went to M&S to get something "nice for tea"!


This afternoon's dog walk was another very soggy 3 miles.  I seem to be copping the short straw of dog walks so far this month, it will be nice to do some dry longer walks at some point.


Today's miles :


Run : 4 miles
Dog walk : 3 miles
Number of distracting dogs : 2


Total Juneathon miles :


Running : 24 miles
Dog walking : 15 miles



7 comments:

  1. I love French Mastiffs although they scare the hell out of me when they come at me looking all hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flaming June looks very peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she beautiful? If only the month was too, getting fed up with the rain & wearing winter clothes!

      Delete
  3. They are lovely, not that I would have one. I have a friend with one, but the dog I saw this morning was only a year old, quite cute. My little JRX loves them, even though they'd probably eat him for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for sharing - what a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Carla - I've fallen in love with her, think I'm going to try and find a print!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful picture. I went running in 2 layers today......the weather is mad!

    ReplyDelete