Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Saturday 28 June 2014

Juneathon Days 27 & 28 - One good, one bad!

I've got a bit behind with the logging and blogging but I have good reason - excuses later!

Friday (27th) I had a lovely walk into work, instead of walking along Marine Parade (top road) I got off at Marine Gate and dropped down onto Madeira Drive and walked along the beach path. 

Way to go!

Started from there

Usually walk up there!
 In Brighton you should never be surprised at what you witness even at 8.30 in the morning.   On Friday I saw a man doing push-ups in his budgie-smugglers, a number of people working with PTs including this young lady who was really going for it with the TRX hooked up to an arch!
I also spotted these strange pictures on the pavement - apparently it's interactive music "Walk of Fame" experience - one of these every few steps shows a musical link to Brighton (from Abba to The Who)


 and then I walked past Steve Ovett (it's traditional - apparently - to rub the big guys foot)

 After work I took Archie out for his walk and then hubby and I headed back into Brighton for dinner and to see Dawn French at The Theatre Royal in her show "30 million minutes".   If you're a fan of Dawn French and haven't been yet - go!   She'll having you roaring with laughter, crying with sadness and pity, and then crying with laughter! 

 A fantastic way to start my week's holiday and our wedding anniversary celebrations.

Day 27 steps were 16,877 = 7.3 miles

On to Day 28 - today has been a massive fail on the steps front and it was always going to be.  I hope I can be excused from failing because today was all about celebrations, spending time with much loved family and friends.  Today was the celebration of my parents 50th wedding anniversary and our 25th.   There's not much more I can say about today except that it was amazing, we've reminisced, eaten, drunk and generally had a bloody good laugh.  Here's a few photos


One of my gorgeous bridesmaids 25 years ago and her daughter

The young ones!

my amazing parents



Today's rubbish total steps are 4,620 = 2 miles 

Day 29 will be much better - if it's not chucking it down with rain we ARE going out on the bikes!


Juneathon Totals

Vivofit steps : 398,764
Distance : 273k (170 miles)
Cycle : 93 miles 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats to your parents and to you and your husband on your anniversaries, both great milestones. Sounds like a great day was had by all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was a lovely day, so good to catch up with my lovely bridesmaid and my godfather!

      Delete