Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Juneathon Day 24 - Death on the streets ..... nearly!

Today's step goal was 13,556.

Did the usual walk in to work this morning and then met up with hubby for the afternoon dog walk.  I thought we'd arranged to go out on the bikes this evening but he seemed to have forgotten that ........ so I went out on my own.   Really wish I hadn't bothered - nearly got taken out by  a car pulling out of a side road and then another cyclist was in the middle of the cyclepath coming towards me looking at his feet!  Two very near misses - I may have scared the shit out of the cyclist by yelling "look up you wanker".   Not sure if he ended up in the vegetation at the side of the path but to be honest I really don't give a toss!  I take no prisoners on the cyclepath - if you're in my way beware - especially if I'm on a Strava segment.

9.7 miles in 48 minutes - think it was a bit more than that but the age old problem of locating satellites cropped up!

I've just downloaded my Garmin to Strava - I got a PR on a little hill.   It's amazing to see these little improvements, I really struggled to get up without going into the lowest gear possible when I first went up it 5 months ago! 

I'm also in 1st place on the 95k step challenge on Garmin Connect with 5 days to go!  

Today's total steps are 14,403  = 6.3 miles 

Tomorrow I'm supporting at a local race event called The Weakest Link - I'll tell you more about it in tomorrow's blog, hopefully I'll get back in time!

Juneathon Totals

Vivofit steps : 345,293
Distance : 240k (148 miles)
Cycle : 93 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment