Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Sunday 1 June 2014

Juneathon 2014 - Day 1

Day 1 has been a very relaxed affair - I've promised myself that I'm not going to put myself under a massive pressure this year so I'm using my Vivofit step goal as my daily exercise challenge.  

I did a 24.5 mile bike ride yesterday with hubby and I was hoping to get out on the bike for a short ride today but an iffy stomach stopped that.   Yesterday's ride was lovely and I got the chance to wear my new cycling helmet and cycling vest

unfortunately hubby's not much good at getting sunscreen in the right place and I have a nice tan developing on my back.  Some of our route took in the Sportive circuit which was great!  Struggled a bit on a couple of the hills but otherwise it was a good ride.

Today's step goal was 11,560 but thanks to two dog walks and a trip to the Eastbourne Cycling Festival  for a couple of hours this morning I've actually done 15,350.   That equates to just over 10k throughout the day!  

Juneathon Totals

Vivofit steps : 15,350
Distance : 10.72k (7 miles in old money)


Day 1 done - dreading my step challeng target for tomorrow, it's always more difficult when I'm at work as I have a very "sit on your bum" job!



No comments:

Post a Comment