Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Monday 2 January 2012

Janathon Day 2 - Hoorah no rain .... and no running

Woke this morning with a sore knee - bugger!   


On the upside there was no rain so I decided to capitalise on the weather and take Archie out for a lovely long walk to the beach and play ball on the helipad!   2 hours and 7km later I've developed a limp! I decided to see how things went once I got home and "rested" for a bit.  After a couple of hours of jobs around the house and a quick lunch it was time for Archie's second walk of the day.  


As the sun was still shining I decided to do another long walk, this time over the hills - that'll test the knee!     It was lovely on top of the hills apart from the gale force winds across the top.  Luckily I was on my own because conversation would have been useless!  We walked 8k in 2 hours.  I think the difference in time and distance between this morning and this afternoon has to do with ball playing and stopping to chat with other dog walkers and a friend I hadn't seen for a while this morning.


So today Archie and I have walked a total of 15km and been out for nearly 4 hours.   Oh and the knee - sore but no worse than it was when I woke up so hopefully with reduced dog walking tomorrow (I'm back to work) I will be able to go for a run.





No comments:

Post a Comment