Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Friday 25 May 2012

Juneathon Preparations

Only 1 week to go and Juneathon begins.  Preparations are going well, Sue and I have been running 3 times a week for the last month, only 4 miles during the week and up to 6 on our long run on Sunday.   Our next event is a 10k in Seaford.  

I have stocked up on all 'athon essentials :  washing powder, painkillers, blister plasters, glucosamine, bodyglide, shower gel, 2in1 shampoo & conditioner.

I have told hubby, daughter & the dog that everyday will involve running - so no-one had better protest or question where I'm off to!

During one mad moment I set a wager with Cathy that if she managed not to eat a whole packet of  red/white/blue crisps in one sitting that I would add an extra mile to my daily run.  So I have pledged that if said packet is not consumed in one foul swoop I will be running at least 2 miles every day.  What a muppet!

All preparations are therefore made.

Good luck everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment