Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Sunday 7 February 2016

We're home - The Aussie Adventure is Over!!

It's hard to believe that a week ago today we were on our way home and our Aussie Adventure was over.   We've got some fantastic memories of our time down under, I'm not really sure how I can best share them with you so to do it as well as I can I'm going to write several posts covering the different parts of our time away.  Luckily I kept a handwritten journal so I haven't got to rely on my rubbish memory. 

Having just read my last post I realise I never did post our itinerary - it was all a bit stressful between New Year and our departure, making sure that Danni had everything she needed (extra lightbulbs, money for food, emergency telephone numbers for the plumber) and getting work as up to date as possible!

Our basic itinerary was as follows :-

Friday 8th - Drive to parents with dog and Danni, visit mother-in-law in the nursing home, lunch with parents and Danni and then travel to Heathrow thanks to brother & sister in law.   Night at Hilton Garden Inn.

Saturday 9th - Check in at Terminal 4.  A couple of hours in the Plaza Premium Lounge - I hate the hustle and bustle of the departure lounge!  Board flight to Kuala Lumpur.

Sunday 10th - Arrive Sydney at 8pm - straight to Hotel - Break Free on George Street.

Monday 11th - First full day in Sydney - explore & ferry trip around the harbour

Tuesday 12th - 2nd and last full day in Sydney - Harbour Bridge Climb booked for the afternoon.

Wednesday 13th - Fly from Sydney to Melbourne.  Staying with friends in the suburb of Northcote.

Friday 15th - Yarra Valley Winery Tour

Saturday 16th - Weekend in Patterson Lakes 

Monday 18th - Back to Northcote

Tuesday 19th - Travel to Hall's Gap in The Grampians

Friday 22nd - 5 hour drive to Victor Harbor to watch finish of stage of Tour Down Under

Saturday 23rd - Short drive to Willunga Hill

Sunday 24th - 5 hour drive back to Hall's Gap

Monday 25th - Back to Northcote

Tuesday 26th - Australia Day


Thursday 28th - Entertain Imi & Mia

Friday 29th - Solo day in the city

Sunday 31st - Fly home

Looks like a full packed trip doesn't it?  Luckily there was some down time, otherwise we'd have needed a holiday to get over it.   Hopefully, I won't bore you to tears over the next few posts.   





No comments:

Post a Comment