Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Sunday 18 December 2011

Winning & 20k in one day!

Thought I'd just do a blog although it won't the humorous one I had hoped - I've been updating my Running Free training to get into the swing of adding stuff, so I suppose I ought to blog too!

Over the last couple of weeks I've been entering loads of competitions, RW Advent Calendar mainly.   A couple of days ago I had an email to say I'd won a Shock Absorber Run bra.   It shouldn't have been but it was a surprise I don't normally win stuff!   Sue, my running buddy, couldn't believe how I excited I was!

The last couple of days have been a trial - hubby has been on late shifts, starting at 5pm and finishing at 1am.   Friday and Saturday night I was home alone for most of it as Dani was out with her friends - the worst thing is dinner for one!  Luckily I had my little furry mate Archie to keep me company, and hundreds of channels of rubbish to flick through.

Today has been better - Shaun at home all day!   He walked the dog this morning so that I could go for a run and this afternoon we took the dog to Seaford on the bus and walked back across the Downs.  It was very muddy and towards the end dark.  Shaun has cooked a lovely dinner and the pint of New Forest cider is going down nicely!   After doing 20k in one day I am now stiffening up nicely - tomorrow will be a challenge with no lift at work!

This time next week it will all be over with only Boxing Day to enjoy, and a week off work.   Hoping to get out running Tuesday and maybe Friday this week - and I will be taking my running stuff to Mum's to try and run Boxing Day before we have a second roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment