Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Wednesday 8 August 2018

And there went July !

Quite a busy month all in all - as well as our 8 day Tribby trip we've had a weekend trip back to Graffham which ended in going to Haslemere for Donaldson Day with my parents.    It was a horrible wet weekend, the only one in the whole of July! 

The mobile fish & chip van was back so no need to cook on Friday night which was a bonus.

We were originally put on pitch 42 - a not very nice pitch as even the chocks didn't help with the level so as soon as 43 next door became vacant Shaun went to the site office to ask if we could move.   We had a window of opportunity on the Saturday to get moved so quick unplug and move Tribby and we were in a much nicer spot - a pitch number to jot down and remember for future requests.

a rare moment of sunshine through the trees

View from the door on Saturday morning!

The weather was a bit inclement but it was nice just to get away and relax properly for a couple of days.

On the Sunday we woke to rain so dismantled the bed, showered in Tribby and got ready without opening the door - no mean feat with 2 adults and a dog inside.  Shaun took Archie for a quick walk after and disconnected us from the electric and I stayed in the dry!

We headed into Haslemere to have breakfast with mum and dad at Hemingways and then headed to the Town Hall for the service of remembrance.    This is the second Donaldson Day I've done, so proud of my parents for what they've found out about my brave 3x great grandfather William and to be able to say I'm a living descendant.    The occasion is always well attended by the local councillors and Mayor (although this year we had the Deputy Mayor), a representative from Surrey Police and this year the Police Chaplain attended and gave a prayer.   Mum had made a beautiful flower arrangement which was placed by one of the plaques.  Our walk 3 times around the Town Hall was a soggy affair and it was great to get back inside to listen to presentations from the Chaplain, the police representative and Dad's latest additions to the story of William and his wife Janet.



I left mum and dad to it as we needed to get home and get unpacked ready for work the next day, and have lunch.

During July I also took part in Cycle for MIND, a cycle challenge set up by Challenge the Norm.   I had to pledge a distance to cycle during July, pay £20 entry fee and for this I received a medal and a neck scarf.   I pledged to ride 190 miles, which could be completed on the road and also a spin bike.   I thought I'd easily be able to complete the challenge with 2 spin classes a week and cycle to and from the class and add some additional miles during the month.   Taking the bikes on holiday helped as I completed 30 miles during the week.  I actually ended up cycling over 200 so could have probably pushed on to complete the 250.   During the month I also won a draw to receive any item of clothing from the site which I chose a top and wore it to spin, and a couple of days ago my medal arrived.




I've also set up a just giving page if anyone fancies supporting this great charity - TIA.   I love doing these sorts of challenges, it's certainly motivates me to get out on the bike, and it's a great way to support charities!  I'm now looking for another challenge - any ideas, please let me know.  I've got another sportive on 8th September - I'll let you know how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment