Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife (to Shaun), Mother (to Danni), Dog walker of Archie the JRX, improving cyclist, reformed gym bunny, broken runner Collector of exercise DVDs & equipment. Cake is my weakness together with cider (Westons only thanks)and brandy. Noisy spectator of running & cycling events. Owner of Tribby the campervan

Friday 22 February 2019

Whoosh and there goes February

February is such a weird month - the weather's unpredictable but the days are definitely getting longer.

The distance challenge is going well with Your Mile Challenge - I'm only 5k short of cracking 200km out of my 1000 in 2019.  I think I can honestly say I've never done so many miles during February.  This has mainly been helped by the fact I've managed 3 cycle commutes this month.    I'm struggling with getting to the gym to do miles on the static bike so it's good that I've been able to get outside.   I've not been to spin for a couple of weeks either.

The weather has been mostly great this month - and on one cycle to work I managed to get to the Undercliff to see the sunrise.


There's nothing like a lovely sunrise to make the ride more enjoyable.

I've made a couple of purchases over the last couple of weeks - two from Velochampion who are fast becoming my go to for kit.

The first was a very fetching luminous yellow gilet

photo from VC site (not me!)
This gilet is going to be very useful later when the weather warms up and I don't need my rain jacket. 
The second purchase from Velochampion was a hi viz back pack cover.   I already feel safer with this over my back pack

Photo from VC site

I also bought some more lights, cos a girl can never have too many lights!

I also bought some Merino Wool socks from Wiggle.   They look great but they have made absolutely no difference to the temperature of my feet.   Guess I'm going to have to put up with cold feet on winter rides or resort to tin foil.   

The house move is still ongoing - just waiting for some paperwork to be signed off with the house we're buying and hopefully we can complete ready for Easter.  At least we have another month before that deadline arrives!







No comments:

Post a Comment